1. Indus River is Pakistan’s longest river. It is also the national river of the country.
2. Indus River is 21st largest river in the world with an estimated annual flow of 207 km3.
3. The river is also called as Daryā-e Sindh in Urdu and Sindhu Nadi in Hindi.
4. It is believed that Pakistan’s state - Sindh, has got it’s name from this river.
5. It is said that the river flows slowly during winters, rises during spring season and early summer and overflows during monsoons.
6. Indus supports agriculture, food production and heavy industries by supplying water in Pakistan. It also serves as the main source of drinking water in that region.