1. Red Fort was originally called Qila-e-Mubarak.
2. The original colour of the fort was white.
It was made of limestone but when it started chipping off, the Britishers painted it red.
3. The monument was constructed by Shah Jahan to shift capital from Agra to Delhi.
4. It took 10 years to build Red Fort.
5. The throne of Shah Jahan in Red Fort had Kohinoor diamond fixed in it!
The diamond is now dwelled on the crown of Britain's Queen.
6. After the Mughals, Britishers took over the fort and took away all the valuables from there.
7. The Red Fort is a world heritage site.
8. The fort is spread over 256 acres of land.
9. The red fort has two main gates – Delhi gate and Lahore gate. The main entrance gate being the Lahore gate.