1. The village is also known as “Venice of North” or “Venice of Netherlands”.
2. Giethoorn is located in the province of Overijssel in Netherlands.
3. Giethoorn got its name when settlers found goat horns from the place many years ago. Since, goat is known as ‘geit’ in Dutch, they named it 'Geytenhorn' which later replaced 'Giethoorn'.
4. The ways people can transit in Giethoorn is through boats & bicycles.
People use bicycles and boats to keep the town eco-friendly.
5. The town is completely free of car, buses and other vehicles. It has no road!
6. There are over 180 bridges in village.
7. Some of the houses were made in 18th century.
8. Over 2 lack tourists visit the place every year.